Where the account/ folio is opened on behalf of a child who is a minor,
- The minor shall be the first and the sole holder in an account.
- There shall not be any joint accounts with minor as the first or joint holder/s.
- Guardian in the folio on behalf of the minor should either be a natural guardian (i.e. father or mother) or a court appointed legal guardian.
- The guardian should provide information on his relationship with the minor as father, mother or legal guardian by ticking appropriately on the application form.
- Date of birth of the minor along with photocopy of any of the supporting documents as enumerated below should be submitted while opening the account on behalf of minor:
- Birth certificate of the minor, or
- School leaving certificate / Mark sheet issued by Higher Secondary Board of respective states, ICSE, CBSE etc., or
- Passport of the minor, or
- Any other suitable proof evidencing date of birth of the minor.
- In case of natural guardian, an additional document evidencing the relationship should be submitted if the same is not available as part of the document/s supporting date of birth proof, as mentioned above.
- In case of court appointed legal guardian, supporting documentary evidence should be submitted.